100 gr of almonds cost me about 6 pln (1.5$) and I get around 1 litre of delicious vegan milk from this amount. It’s best to plan this a night before so the nuts can soak in the water for at least a couple of hours but you can always just put them in the blender straight away. For soaking and blending, they can stay in their brown shells, no need for peeling.
For 3 glasses of milk you need:
100 g almonds (leave in cool water overnight)
3 cups hot water
pinch of salt, vanilla essence, sweetener of choice
– give them a rinse
– add to blender pouring 1 glass of hot water, pinch of salt, drop of vanilla essence (optionally) and 0,5-1 tsp of ksylitol (or any other sweetener) and blend 1-2 min
– pour through a dense stainer or gauze into a glass container giving the almonds a good squeeze at the end
– put the leftover almonds to the blender adding 0,3 glass of hot water, blend and pour through the stainer again (you can give it a go one more time)
– et voila! the milk is ready to make your taste buds happy and this goodnes can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days!
– et voila! do lodówki, niech sie przegryzie i mamy ze 3 dni cieszenia się domowym mlekiem